Trade marks have value on the balance sheet of a business and are generally considered to be the most commercially significant asset of a business. It is therefore vital to ensure that your trade marks are properly and comprehensively protected. Every business has at least one trade mark, and usually many more, for which protection should be arranged. We have the expertise to help.
We specialise in providing proactive and commercially oriented advice. We have an established track record of providing IP services in a tailored and efficient way. Our team is diverse and includes attorneys with in-house experience as well as attorneys who have provided support to a global branding agency. We also have attorneys who qualified as solicitors before becoming Chartered Trade Mark Attorneys. Our team has a deep understanding of the commercial advice that our clients are looking for. We have an outstanding trade mark prosecution practice and work for some of the world’s largest corporations, managing their European or worldwide trade mark portfolios.
We have extensive experience in opposition and appeal proceedings before the registries, as well as litigation in the UK and overseas; including before the EUIPO, the UKIPO and all levels of English courts. This combination of opposition and litigation experience is rare in UK firms.
When properly used, renewed, policed and protected, a trade mark registration can last forever.
How can our trade mark team help you?
We help protect and police your trade marks by:
- advising you on correct usage
- filing evidence of your use of the mark in those countries where use is required to maintain the registration
- monitoring applications filed for identical or confusingly similar trade marks/company names/domain name and challenging these on your behalf
- recording your trade mark registrations with Customs authorities in order to stop consignments of counterfeit goods
- renewing all registrations in advance of due dates
- recording changes to the ownership of your marks or changes to your address or name
- reviewing your trade mark protection and advising whether it still meets your needs