Members of our team have substantial technical expertise in the field of cell and gene therapy and gene editing, with backgrounds in biochemistry, molecular biology and immunology, backed by real life research experience. In addition to acquiring IP rights, we also provide freedom-to-operate and validity advice, formulating patent strategies to minimise risk, as well as attacking and defending patents to enhance our clients’ commercial position.
The team is experienced in handling patent applications in technology areas including those related to gene delivery vectors, gene and protein engineering, gene editing, modified genes and expression products and control of gene expression to name a few. We are also highly active in post-grant proceedings in this sector.
Our attorneys know that these areas are evolving rapidly and provide exciting new opportunities for patient benefit. We strive to keep abreast of not only the latest patent developments but also industry updates. We appreciate how important it is not only to fully understand our clients’ technology, but also their business. This allows us to provide the best possible strategic advice and provide a competitive advantage. We strive to consistently provide proactive, business-relevant advice by not only getting to know our clients’ technology and business, but also those of their competitors.
- Vertex, CRISPR therapy for sickle cell passes FDA panel test
- Is the first CRSIPR based therapeutic finally here?
- Gene Therapy Restores Sight
- First FDA approval for cell therapy for diabetes
- First haemophilia A gene therapy approved in the US
- First DMD Gene Therapy
- The first topical gene therapy is awaiting FDA approval
- NICE recommends life-changing gene therapy
- A bittersweet story but gene therapy promise.
- New gene therapy for haemophilia B approved in the US
- A modified Herpes Virus shows real promise in cancer patients
- The First Gene Therapy to Treat Haemophilia A has been Approved in Europe
- Great news for beta-thalassemia patients as bluebird bio’s gene therapy is approved by the FDA
- A cure for haemophilia B is becoming a reality
- CAR-T cells show promise in gastric cancers
- Ten years ago the first child was treated with CAR T-cells. Now she is 17 and cancer free
- A young woman who almost died of cancer has become one of the first in the UK to give birth following CAR-T cell therapy
- bluebird bio get FDA approval for SKYSONA®
- A National Cell and Gene Therapy Vision for the UK
- How Gene Editing Can Change a Patient’s Life
- First Gene Therapy for Tay-Sachs Disease
- Cell & Gene Therapy Contributes around £74 billion to the UK economy
- Fantastic CAR T-Cell News
- The World’s Most Expensive Drug Recommended for NHS Use
- The First Zolgensma NHS Patient
- Positive Results for Luxturna