EVENT – IP savvy: what every business needs to know to get the most out of their IP
Bringing together senior leaders from both Venner Shipley and IP Pragmatics this event is primarily focused on issues that confront small- and medium-sized companies on their journey towards commercialisation, and is aimed at start-ups and SMEs from a cross-section of sectors who are looking to grow.
Chaired by a seasoned CEO and NED, our panel covering the acquirer/licensee/investor perspectives will provide their expert advice for maximising value throughout the typical lifecycle of an innovative, forward-looking business, providing a practical insight into the key commercial and intellectual property issues that businesses should consider to capitalise on value at each stage.
The panel will cover topical issues including:
- Getting your IP right by building a portfolio
- Key decisions such as which IP you should back and which to drop?
- Preparing for investment and partnering
- Practical advice on handling transactions and managing deals
- John Harris, CEO, Managing Partner, Chairperson and Biotech NED
- Dr Pawel Piotrowicz, Patent Attorney and Managing Partner, Venner Shipley LLP
- Dr Rupert Osborn, CEO, IP Pragmatics
- Gaurav Chawla, Co-Founder and CEO, Lumirithmic (An Imperial College spin-out)
- David Franz, Director, Technology Licensing, Stamicarbon BV
- Sakura Holloway, Director, Newstar Innovation
- Jeremy Holmes, Head of IP, IP Group plc
- Andy Muir, Investment Director, Future Planet Capital
- Emilie Syed, Senior Investment Associate, Parkwalk Advisors
- 08.00 – 09.00 Registration with welcome tea, coffee and pastries
- 09.00 – 09.30 Introduction and Keynote by Venner Shipley and IP Pragmatics
- 09.30 – 10.15 Panel discussion part 1:
Getting your IP right
Which IP to back and which to drop?
- 10.15 – 10.45 Coffee break and networking
- 10.45 – 11.30 Panel discussion part 2:
Getting ready for financing/partnering
Handling transactions and deals
- 11.30 – 12.00 Q&A and Wrap-Up
- 12.00 – 13.00 Lunch and networking
How to register