Pharma & Biotech IP IAM Event
Partner, Richard Kennedy and Associate, Reuben Friend will be attending IAM’s ‘Pharma & Biotech IP’ conference in London on Tuesday 28th January 20202.
IAM’s fourth annual Pharma and Biotech IP will bring together leading in-house practitioners and expert counsel to discuss next-generation strategies for protecting and exploiting cutting-edge innovation. The life sciences are in a period of dramatic change and innovation. Developments in new technologies, such as cell therapies and gene editing, are challenging traditional IP strategies and business models.
At the event attendees will:
- Learn about recent developments, key decisions and the latest IP challenges from Europe, the United States and China
- Understand how IP strategies are adapting and how to avoid pitfalls and costly mistakes
- Determine what the convergence between life sciences and tech means for you and what lessons can be learned from high-tech innovators
- Gain best practices for protecting cutting-edge technologies – from personalised medicines to gene and cell therapies
- Shed light on how IP can and should be used as a part of a wider value creation strategy
Click here for more information.
Richard is a European and Chartered Patent Attorney and a partner at Venner Shipley LLP. He has significant expertise in artificial intelligence and deep learning based technologies, and is the lead for the firm’s AI practice group. Clients describe him as having “very strong technical skills on complex machine learning subject matter” and being “highly in tune with ongoing policy developments, such as proposed (since adopted) changes at the European Patent Office regarding examination of artificial intelligence subject matter”.