Help & information
Most modern browsers feature in-built accessibility tools, including zoom and text-resizing. You can generally change the text size or adjust the page zoom in your browser by following these instructions:
- PC / all browsers Increase page zoom: Hold down the CTRL key and press +.
To decrease page zoom: hold down the CTRL key and press –
- Mac / all browsers Increase page zoom: Hold down the Command key and press +.
To decrease page zoom: Hold down the Command key and press –
All pages should meet the following standards benchmarks:
- Validates as HTML 5 and CSS 3.
- Uses structured semantic markup with a logical document outline.
- Complies with at least level ‘A’ of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Implements the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) recommendations 1.0 for dynamic content and user-interface widgets
Compatibility with tools
This website aims to be compatible with recent versions of the following screen readers:
- Window Eyes
The site should also be compatible with:
- speech recognition software, eg Dragon Naturally Speaking
- operating system speech packages
You can find guidance from the BBC about:
Have we got it right?
We’re constantly working to make this website as accessible and usable as possible. If you do encounter any difficulties with its accessibility, please tell us and we will work with you to resolve the problems.